Wineslacker

It's a blog for winelovers. It's a blog for slackers. It's the lazy drinker's reference for cheap, high value wines. You know, the bargain wines you just don't know if you should take a chance on; maybe in the supermarket or drug store. If you want advice on grand cru, well, everyone knows where to get that: get yourself one of those slick, expensive mags. This is a blog, man; prices and spellings are the best we can do, but, don't hold us to 'em. Photos are under copyright.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hype has been high for the recent release of Beaulieu Vinyards 2003 Napa Valley Cab. It garnered the magic 90 from a recent magazine review. So, when I saw it at my local Ralphs Supermarket at the low, low price (for card holders) of 14.88, I grabbed a bottle. Maybe it's just a little young yet, or maybe I just like a more fruit-forward mouthful, but I found it stiff in the tannins and puckering. So, maybe a couple of years on its side will bring me around. It is intense in flavor, but for the beginner, there are several $12 cabs around that will bring a smile to your face. I liked BV's Rutherford Cab from 2000, Pope Valley Eakles Ranch Cab from 2002 and Rodney Strong's 2001 Sonoma County Cab. Muirwood 2002 Monterey Cab at $8.99 at L.A. Wine Company, was a real bargain. Ask me again in 2008. Wineslacker gives it 2 and a half stars out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home